These are short posts I wrote about things I was learning about software development, written as I learned them. These posts tend to be short, and not overly edited.
I write them because they make it easier to share what I've learned with others, on the chance that someone else doesn't know the thing yet, either, and also because writing things down helps cement what I've learned in my mind. When that cementing doesn't hold, sometimes I find myself wanting to look back at something I wrote about previously, so this is also in some ways a repository of notes-to-self about making software.
I was inspired to start this project by Josh Branchaud.
- What's this tilde arrow thing in my Gemfile? ruby rails
- Deep dive into img attributes html
- Using Nunjucks shortcodes in Markdown files in Eleventy eleventy
- npx eleventy !== npx @11ty/eleventy node eleventy
- The Ruby splat operator can destructure arrays ruby
- I'm reading: 'A (Mostly) Complete Guide to React Rendering Behavior' react
- Using the beforeBuild hook to render Sass in Eleventy eleventy
- Continuous Integration: another definition devops
- Settings I want on a new machine tools
- How to open the current directory in finder from terminal on a mac tools
- How to make asdf recognize globally installed npm modules tools
- What is that percent sign doing in my `cat` output? tools
- Asdf is a version manager promising to replace all the version managers tools
- How can I see my new blog post rendered before I deploy, if I don't have my whole dev environment? tools eleventy
- Adjusting site colors for better contrast design css accessibility
- Starting to pick up Ruby & Rails rails ruby
- Firefox Container Gotchas firefox
- Firefox Responsive Design Mode and Hover Events firefox devtools
- Setting a layout for every page generated from a particular folder in Eleventy eleventy